Applied Abilities Program (AAP)
On November 12, 2013 UCP opened it’s doors to their new Applied Abilities program where services for adults with disabilities will be provided.
The Applied Abilities Program (AAP) is designed to meet the needs of each individual participant based on his or her life goals and passions. Clients participate in a variety of skill building activities within the program and throughout the community; including workability, social skills development, cooking, healthy living, budgeting, computer skills, visual arts, and volunteering. Serving up to 60 individuals at any given time, participants range from ages 18 to 60.
In the heart of Tracy, the prime location of the new AAP facility is accessible to many of the businesses, restaurants and civic organizations the clients are involved in. It is not only within walking distance t
- Training in areas of employment, social skills, educational enrichment along with health and wellness.
- Promotes access to local community and it’s resources, enhance independence, and offer employment exploration and opportunities to earn a meaningful income
- Behavior Management Program
- Smaller staff to consumer ratios in an effort to meet each individual’s unique goals and preferences.
- Door to door transportation provided
- Ideal location near public transportation.