If you’re looking for a position working with children with special needs, this is the job for you!
This position requires car insurance and reliable transportation
Part Time positions available. To work in the Stockton, Tracy and San Joaquin Valley Area.
Our Respite department is seeking an employee to work with children, adolescents, and adults with a variety of special needs. This person will work with consumers either in their homes or taking them out on recreational and educational activities in the community.
Respite Staff is under the direction supervision of the Program Manager. Respite Staff is a part-time position, working with children, adolescents, and adults with a variety of special needs. Respite Staff is responsible for working with consumers either in their homes or taking them out on recreational and educational activities in the community.
Respite Staff serve as a caregiver for person with special needs, attending his/her physical and emotional needs as required (i.e. ,preparing meals and feeding, dressing, bathing, light housekeeping, and operating adaptive equipment as necessary)
Activities are designed, with Respite Staff input, to promote and enhance the consumer’s growth and development, to facilitate a positive mentoring relationship, and to provide relief to the primary caregivers.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Should possess at least one (1) year prior experience in needing the personal care needs of persons with disabilities (special needs).
- Must obtain and maintain First Aid/CPR Certificate. (classes provided)
- Must have valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Possess independent and/or reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Must pass clearance from the Department of Justice.